Please enable JavaScript to access this page.
Breaking News

What is happening with talks between Israel, the US and Hamas? | Israel-Palestine conflict News

It is said that the Israeli negotiation team is It extended its residence in the Qatari capital, DohaA day after the US envoy to the Middle East Steve Witkev He was in the city to try to find a way forward between Israel and Hamas.

The deal on the cards is said to be an extension of the ceasefire for up to 60 days, compared to between five to 10 Israeli families living in Gaza.

While Hamas has previously rejected a similar deal, it may be more able to enjoy after the direct meetings between the American hostilities of the United States. Adam Bouhler And senior officials of Hamas in recent weeks. Boyler had said that the meetings went well and proposed an agreement on the cards to stop the long -term fire, which led to a violent reaction from Israel and American politicians who support Israelis.

There are even reports that Bohler had been removed from the Israel-Gaza file, but these reports may be premature.

Let’s take a closer look.

What is the deal currently negotiated?

A deal was already reached between Israel and Hamas, which included three stages and in the end it was leading to a permanent ceasefire. The first stage included a limited exchange of Israeli prisoners and Palestinian prisoners, in addition to the temporary ceasefire and Israel, allowing an increase in a degree of humanitarian aid in Gaza. The details of the second stage had to be negotiated, but the former US administration of President Joe Biden made it clear that the first stage would continue until the second stage could be agreed.

Israel has ignored this, and although it did not restart a comprehensive war on Gaza, it threatened to do so and prohibited the entry of all humanitarian aid, as well as electricity.

At the beginning of March, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a new proposal, which he said came from Witkoff – although the American envoy was unprecedented. Netanyahu’s office said that the deal will witness that the ceasefire extends for six and a half weeks in Gaza – dead and alive – on the first day of the extension.

While this was initially rejected by Hamas, it seems that the current deal that is negotiated in Doha is similar, although critics still say that Netanyahu does not want to end the war permanently, because he fears that his government will collapse if he does.

What about Boehler negotiations?

While Boehler’s specializations only extended to the five Israeli prisoners, who are believed to have died, direct talks seem to have the possibility of not only securing a permanent ceasefire, but it is possible that the launch of all the Hamas prisoners.

Speaking to the Israeli and Israeli media last Sunday, Bohler indicated that he used the opportunity to interact with Hamas directly, gained a commitment to maintain the ceasefire between five and 10 years, put his arms and give up controlling the Gaza tape.

Bohler explained that he did not coordinate with Israel before talks with Hamas, and added in an interview that the United States was not “an agent of Israel” and has “specific interests in playing.”

How was Israel’s reaction to the news of direct talks?

Not good.

Israeli Finance Minister Bizalil Sottic told Israeli Army Radio that unlimited Israeli officials “explained to him [Boehler] He cannot speak on our behalf, and if he wants to negotiate on behalf of the United States, success to him. “

He stated that Ron Dimer, the Minister of Strategic Affairs in Israel and closely close to Netanyahu, had “criticized” repeatedly in Boehler on the night that preceded the news of public talks.

The former head of the Israeli security service, the Minister of Agriculture, Al -Shin and the current Minister of Agriculture, Avi Dichter, also criticized the American initiative, and the Israeli radio told that the United States’ talks that undermined the Israeli negotiations. “It is very dangerous when you move without knowing and without coordination with the Israeli side,” Dichter said.

The Israeli campaign against Boehler continued in the press, with times of the editorial Israel that describes Boehler’s comments, describing the envoy “satisfaction, confusion and naive dangerously.”

Did Trump abandon Bouhler?

When news of the US talks appeared at the beginning of the month, White House press secretary Caroline Levitte said Trump supported them because they were “the right thing for the American people.”

But after Boehler’s comments on the press last Sunday, Israeli news reports appeared saying that the hostage envoy did not represent the position of the White House, and that Witkoff will continue to take the initiative in the negotiations.

After that, US Secretary of State Marco Rubio, whose most important governor in Ukraine and the Middle East appeared to have taken on Monday that the talks were “one -time situation” failed.

On Thursday, reports took place between the allegations that Boel will not deal with Israel and Gaza anymore, and others said he would continue to support Witkoff.

A report from the Jewish Insider included quotes from many unknown Republican Senators who are expanding in Boehler, with one suggestion that he “lost all confidence”.

Is this important?

Until Trump speaks himself, it is difficult to measure what his true position in this regard. It may be that it is simply not decided.

But in both cases, the fact that the quoted Senators do not want to publish their names may appear that they are still turning their bets and avoiding looking at him as a second guess.

The talks with Hamas, even if the United States did not repeat it, is a sign that the Trump administration takes the initiative in Gaza, and that Israel and Netanyahu are dragging with them.

Israel is completely dependent on the United States for military and diplomatic support. Moreover, in light of Trump’s unexpected ignorance of the United States’ traditional alliances, such as those that Canada and Europe, many inside Israel are concerned that Trump’s support for their war on Gaza may be proven as much.

In response to the news of direct talks, Haritz’s daily speculation that the presence of US negotiations with Hamas was evidence of Trump’s “frustration” with Netanyahu, as well as revealing the goals of the US Special Administration, mainly: “liberating the hostages, ending the war, and regional peace, [and] The Saudi capital “, which was ready” to achieve … by any means.

https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/03/AP25065615096848-1741576967.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440

2025-03-13 21:15:00

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button