Please enable JavaScript to access this page.
Breaking News

Trump pardons Nikola founder Trevor Milton

Trump founder pardon Nicolas in the case of fraud

president Donald Trump pardon Nicola Company founder Trefor Milton To be convicted in 2022 for federal crimes related to fraud Investors With wrong allegations about the success of electricity and hydrogen hydrogen Truck maker.

Milton, 42, was sentenced to December 2023 to four years in prisonBut it has been free since then pending the resumption of the criminal conviction of the former CEO Ali stock And wires scam Accusations The American boycott court in Manhattan.

The amnesty came two weeks after the Federal Prosecutors urged local court judge, Edgardo Ramos, to order Milton to pay Recovery From 680 million dollars for Nicolas shareholders, and another $ 15.2 million for Peter Hex, a victim of fraud.

Because of the pardon, Ramos can now order a response of any kind.

Trefor Milton, founder of Nicolas, arrives at the court in New York, on Monday, September 12, 2022.

Victor J. Blue Bloomberg Gety pictures

“Oh my God, oh, you will never believe what happened.” Instagram The video was published on his personal account on Thursday. “Maybe the best day I had in five years.”

“I just received a call from the President of the United States, on my phone, signed a complete and unconditional pardon for innocence,” said Milton, who seemed to drive a car in the video.

“I am free. The plaintiffs can no longer harm me,” he said. “They cannot destroy my family, and they cannot torn everything away from me, and they cannot destroy my life.”

The White House confirmed the pardon.

Trump later asked on Friday about the reason for giving Milton amnesty.

“I think he was absolved,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “Then they brought him to New York, he had a rough rough path, and … he was acquitted. It was a big celebration.”

Milton was convicted In the trial in October 2022.

“They say the thing that he did is wrong,” Trump said. “He was one of the first people who supported a noble man named Donald Trump for the presidency,” Trump said. “Trump has supported. I loved Trump. I didn’t know him, but he loved him.”

Trump continued to say about Milton, “They persecuted him, and they destroyed five years of his life. He fought for five years of his life, and he did nothing wrong.”

“He is a good person.”

Defense lawyers did not immediately respond to the comment requests.

In a statement, Milton said that one of his lawyers, Bradley Bondi, did not work to request an amnesty.

Bondi is the brother of the American public prosecutor Bam Bondi, who was appointed to his position by Trump.

A spokesman for the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Manhattan, who ruled Milton, refused to comment on the amnesty.

The US Prosecutor’s Office in Manhattan, when he obtained an indictment against Milton in 2021, said that some investors were fraud through his plan “suffered from tens of hundreds of thousands of dollars from losses, including, in some cases, and the loss of their retirement or money that borrowed to invest in Nicolas.”

The founder of Nicolas Trevor Milton was sentenced to four years in prison for fraud

in press release On Thursday, Milton said: “This amnesty is not only related to me – it relates to every American rail, unfortunately, this is many people.”

Milton said there are “amazing similarities” between his case “and those that were brought against President Trump.”

The president was accused in four criminal cases between his first and second period in the White House.

After Trump’s election in November, the US Department of Justice sought to reject the two federal issues, noting the administration policy prohibiting the federal prosecution of the heads of sitting.

After issuing the ruling in Milton in 2023, the former CEO of Nicolas made major political donations to Trump and his allies. This is included 920,000 dollars To the Trump Committee 47 in October of 2024, and 750,000 dollars In September of Robert F. Kennedy Junior, the Political Action Committee in Maha, Maha Alliance.

Kennedy, a former independent presidential candidate in 2024, was recently confirmed as Minister of Health and Humanitarian Services of Trump.

Federal campaign financing records indicated that the year 2024 was the first year in which Milton made political contributions six numbers.

As of the middle of Friday, there was no file in the Manhattan Federal Court or the second US Court of Appeal indicating that the criminal case against Milton was ended for the pardon.

However, it is not uncommon for presidential amnesty notifications to the court several days after the amnesty was issued.

Trefor Milton, CEO of Nicolas

Massimo Pinca | Reuters

“It is no wonder that confidence and confidence in the Ministry of Justice is a matter of anything,” Milton said in the press statement.

“I hope that the judges will stop believing everything that the prosecutors feed so that the Americans can trust in the judicial system again,” he said. “Until this happens, our judicial system will continue to wear until nothing remains.”

Pardoning Trump from Milton, if confirmed, will erase his criminal conviction and punishment, which included a $ 1 million fine.

A series of pardon

US President Donald Trump holds an executive grant to reach Devon Artcher, in the White House in Washington, the United States, March 25, 2025.

Evelyn Hakstein Reuters

Immediately after his inauguration on January 20, Trump, especially amnesty for about 1500 people who were accused or convicted of crimes related to January 6, 2021, were on the American Capitol by a crowd of supporters of the president.

On his second day in office, pardon Trump Ross OlbrichtWho was serving a life sentence for crimes related to the dark web market on the Silk Road.

Read more CNBC policy coverage

In February, the former governor of Illinois Rod Plagivich He received the presidential pardon. Blagojevich spent eight years in prison after being convicted of trying to sell the Senate seat that Barack Obama had evacuated, after the Senator was elected in the first magazines in 2008.

Nicolas collapse

In February, Nicola applied to Chapter 11 Banking protection In the American Banking Court of Dilayer.

The company said in a file that it has liabilities ranging from one billion dollars and 10 billion dollars, and assets ranging between 500 million dollars and 1 billion dollars. It also sought the court’s approval to follow up on the sale of the company, saying that it has about 47 million dollars in cash.

Nicolas, which are made primarily from all electrical and fuel electric degrees, have struggled in recent years. The company has sold only 600 vehicles since 2022, as of the last third quarter.

As the company’s capital shrinks, many of its trucks were called as a result of defects. At its collective conference in the third quarter, the company warned the investors that it has enough money to finance operations in the first quarter of 2025, but not after that.

Nicolas Tree FCEV2

Compliment: Nicolas

The collapse of Nicolas comes just five years after reaching the market value of $ 30 billion in 2020, which exceeds that Ford at that time.

The evaluation was provided with misleading data by Milton, who was accused in July 2021.

According to public prosecutors, from November 2019 to September 2020, Milton has caused investment in Nicolas “through wrong and misleading data regarding the development of Nicola products … through social media, television, publications and podcasts.”

“Milton has made false claims regarding almost all aspects of Nicolas’s work,” said the Public Prosecutor’s Office in Manhattan at the time of his accusation.

These wrong allegations included “the company has achieved early success in creating a preliminary model” that works completely “known as” Nikola One “, when Milton knew that the initial model was indisputable.

The office also said that Milton made wrong and misleading statements that Nicolas designed and built a hydrogen and hydrogen pick -up truck known as “Al Ghurair” from “lands” using Nicolas parts and technology, when Milton knew this is not true.

Last fall, a judge confirmed an arbitration award for nearly $ 168 million against Milton because of his misleading statements about Nicolas.

CNBC Emon Jafs Contribute to this story.



https://image.cnbcfm.com/api/v1/image/107118582-1663173662918-milton.jpg?v=1743172796&w=1920&h=1080

2025-03-29 02:36:00

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button