Please enable JavaScript to access this page.
Business News

Scores killed as Assad loyalists clash with Syrian security forces

The killing of dozens of people in Syria was reported on Friday, where members of the government security forces clashed with the loyalists of the ousted President Bashar al -Assad for the second day, which represents the most violent link for the new Syrian leaders since the fall of the regime.

Syrian officials said that the clashes began on Thursday when the militants attacked the state security forces and killed 13 preliminary people in the coastal province of Latakia, amid an invitation to “an uprising” in what was previously Lion stronghold.

More people were killed as fighting continues throughout the night, including an unknown number of civilians, according to Latakia officials. Damascus was sent in heavy reinforcements.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (Sohr), a war monitor, said that about 150 people were killed, including nearly 40 members of the armed forces, 34 fighters loyal to Assad and seven civilians.

Sur also said that government forces stormed three villages near the coast in response, killing “dozens of men.”

The Lebanese broadcaster in support of Assad reported the attacks on the three villages, saying that more than 30 men were killed in his chosenness alone.

A video clip showing dozens of male bodies, some of which are blood and broken in the streets, which he claimed was filmed on Friday morning, on social media.

The exact number of death remained unclear and FT was unable to independently verify the SOHR or video characters.

Many of the residents of the Iliites in the coastal cities in Banias and Latakia have been told that they either had at home or fleeing in fear of revenge attacks, with fire on fire and fixed bombing nearby.

In his first comments since the outbreaks of the clashes, the President of Syria, Ahmed Al -Shara, said that government forces will follow the “remnants” of the ousted regime and bring them to trial, adding that those who used to civilians will receive responsibility.

“We will continue to follow up on the remains of the fall regime. SAR said in a previously recorded speech:

The escalation raises one of the most dangerous threats so far SyriaA transitional government, which was installed in December after the Islamist rebels, led by Ahmed Al -Sharra, overthrew the Assad regime in a thunderbolt attack.

Since then, Shara and dismantling the security forces, including the army and the police, have assumed a mixture of allied rebel factions, which fought the regime for nearly 14 years of the civil war, to maintain the regime.

I have struggled to impose control on the coast, where many members of the fake minority herself to which Assad belongs. Armed armed militants have made separate attacks on the State Security Forces, while dozens of ILA have been killed in recent months.

This week’s fighting threatened to destabilize fragile peace and the country’s strangeness in sectarian violence sessions.

A group called itself the Military Council for the Liberation of Syria on Thursday, undertaking the overthrow of the government. It announced the establishment of the group and was published soon from the attacks. He is headed by a former commander of the Fourth Division in the Assad Army, led by the brother of Bashar Maher,

The group said that the “jihadist” regime failed to protect citizens and that economic and security conditions have deteriorated to its lowest levels. “We assure our people that we are not looking for power and that our only goal is to liberate Syria,” the statement said, as he called people from all sects and races to join.

The Ministry of Defense sent loyal fighters Hayat Tahrir Al-ShamThe Sharaa Group now runs the state, to the coast to counter the attack. He posted some videos of themselves underestimating revenge and killing “pigs”, a humiliating term referring to Alawites.

By Friday noon, government forces “made rapid progress in the field and re -imposing control of areas” that were attacked, according to a spokesman for the Ministry of Defense.

The curfew has been announced in Tartous and Latakia, while security forces launched combing operations in both cities and nearby mountains.

A resident of Banias said he had seen dozens of bodies on the street near his home. It is a complete massacre. He said, “I was very afraid to go to see if I knew any of the dead,” he only gave his name in the name of Abu Ahmed for fear of revenge.

The ALCI, Sheikh Shaban Mansour, 86, was killed on Friday with his son in the town of Salahab in the province of Amma, near Latakia. Alawite activists online accused government forces of killing him. FT cannot verify claims.

Government officials suggested that they were struggling to contain revenge attacks, with large crowds heading to the coast for the accuracy of revenge against the attacks on the state forces.

The government news agency SANA quoted an unknown official as saying that their actions “led to some individual violations and we are working to stop them.”

The tense calm was held in Damascus, where the security forces were patrolling the streets as a show of force and the preservation of the regime in the upper neighborhoods surrounding the capital.

Hundreds of Syrians have shown support the government in the capital and other large cities.

https://www.ft.com/__origami/service/image/v2/images/raw/https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F7ba407bc-5d14-4fe3-a079-0928adad827a.jpg?source=next-article&fit=scale-down&quality=highest&width=700&dpr=1

2025-03-07 22:30:00

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button